Friday 4 November 2011

Environment Project

Well, seeing as I'm here and currently waiting for a film to buffer for me to watch, I figured I may as well tell you about our last project before I forget. So essentially I wanted to post stuff about this project whilst in the process of completing it but at the same time I really didnt want this place to get confusing and have various work out of chronological order. Although now, seeing as I have finally uploaded the work from last year, there's nothing stopping me!

So anyway the project was to create an environment using Maya (our first time using this package, and first time creating an environment for most of us). This involved modelling, texturing, lighting and rendering. I may have gotten a little sidetracked and actually ended up doing mine in UDK, I'll explain why. In the pre-production phase I thought this would be a really good time to get some experience with a game engine as this is pretty much mandatory if I wish to go into games, also we don't have a particular UDK project or in fact anything of the sort. I obviously did a bunch of research to make sure it would be doable and got pretty excited about it all in the process!!

I'll post some more info and the results in a bit but for now, Captain America!!

No comments:

Post a Comment