Tuesday, 6 December 2011
Soo, finished the character project yesterday, got my work in on time (phew). I was pretty pleased with how it turned out in the end and as always I learnt a lot from this project, especially about character workflow. Anyway, here's my final video and I'll be back soon with more pre-production for my major projects. For some reason this video looks a bit crap so I recommend watching it on youtube instead. Although for some reason youtube didnt want to include the theme song that I had added, hmm....
Saturday, 3 December 2011
So, I've started the painting of my sculpt, and so far it's going quite well. I find polypainting in zbrush really fun although a bit confusing at times. I tried working it up in layers and blocking stuff in first which has worked out pretty well for me, I'll hopefully follow up with a detail pass and then a specular pass. It hasn't really come out as close to my initial reference images as I would like but this was pretty hard to achieve the same effect without first having a similar light source as there is in the reference. I want to try and get at least most of the painting done tonight so then tomorrow I can work on finishing off the project as a whole.
Okay, I would have liked to have posted some things a bit sooner but I've been having various setbacks so I've been busy trying to sort them out. So I'll post a bit of progress.
This screenshots are from an earlier version of the model which I have since updated. This was mostly a stage of blocking out all of the forms and making sure I was happy with the anatomy and where it was heading.
This is where my model is at now, I've included images of my low poly version that I'll be baking the information from my high poly sculpt on to. I obviously adjusted the forms a bit (especially in the face) to try and suit my reference images a bit closer. The low poly comes in at just over 9000 polys and the sculpt is something like 9.5 million haha. Overall I think it has come out pretty well for my first zbrush character. The next step will be to polypaint the model and pose it. Then I will work on baking it all to the low poly version. :)